Saturday, June 19, 2010

Amazing!

On June 19th, 2010 we headed to the Spud Drive-In to support an amazing local woman. Her name is Lisa Smith-Batchen and she was finishing the last leg of her Running Hope Through America run. She ran 50 miles in each of the 50 states (yep, that's 2500 miles total) in just over 2 months. I thought it would be nice to go just to show support for such an incredible feat, but once we were there, I was really struck by the magnitude of what she was doing. It was unreal watching her finish. You could feel the emotion and power in the air. She is a true inspiration. She is truly selfless, and truly working so very hard to raise money for orphans across America.
You can join the group on facebook. They have a new motivational thought or quote nearly every day. If you want, make a donation - every dollar helps. The goal is $1 million, and I don't think she's reached that yet, but I know she will not stop until she does.
Waiting for the runners to reach the Spud.
Lisa Smith-Batchen with her husband and children after finishing her 2500 miles.
The girls in the crowd. An amazingly uplifting experience.
Sister Mary Beth ran 1000 of the miles with Lisa in her habit.
The kids there all sang.

Cambrie and Tatum.
Of course, while you're at the Spud, you might as well stay for a Gladys Burger, Shake and movie. We watched Toy Story 3.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: