Saturday, January 23, 2010

Numero Uno

ONE DOWN. . .

I made a goal to complete 6 different 'events' this year. Being that I live in snow country events can be hard to come by in the winter months, so when I saw a Snowshoe 5k I thought that would be a great way to start out. Of course I've never done or seen a snowshoe race, so I was a bit unsure of what to expect.
Anne-Marie and Cathy joined me. Here we are before the race. Lucky for us there was about 8 inches of fresh powder ~ just what we needed to give us a really good workout. We had a great time ~ I'm so glad that I tried it out.

It continued to snow the entire race. Here we are after.
We actually took 1st{Cathy}, 2nd{Me} and 3rd{Anne-Marie}. No need to mention how many competitors there were. Let's just say, we weren't the only ones.

Here are Anne-Marie and Cathy cleaning off the car. In the hour and a half we were gone, the car was buried in about 4 inches of snow.


FIVE TO GO!
Next up, 10k in California {how nice it'll be to have warm fingers during the event}!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Logan and Tanya said...

Beyond impressive, ladies! ;)